The plumbing industry is one of the most underappreciated markets in existence. Nonetheless, it is a necessary industry because it provides services without which we cannot live comfortably. Plumbing services like one in Marousi, Greece (υδραυλικοσ μαρουσι) offers all the necessary plumbing works on the professional level.
Some reasons why your home must have proper plumbing maintenance
It enables you to have clean, safe water in your residence
One of the greatest dangers of poor plumbing is cross-contamination, which occurs when pipes carrying sewage and clean water are connected. Typically, this occurs when sewage backs up in your pipes.
This issue may result in severe complications and health risks. Good plumbing will ensure that there are air gaps, physical separations, and compliance with building codes that separate waste and clean water plumbing connections. Regular plumbing maintenance can prevent cross-contamination, keeping your home’s water always clean and safe.
It prevents plumbing catastrophes.
Plumbing maintenance is essential in any residential or commercial structure. Poor plumbing overwatching cocan result in numerous problems and potential catastrophes. For example, it can lead to leaks. Leaks are not initially catastrophic occurrences. However, if a leak is not dealt with properly as soon as it occurs, it can lead to more severe problems, such as wall collapse and mold growth, to name a few.
Employ a professional plumber who can assist you in detecting plumbing issues and performing any necessary repairs. They will aid in preventing your plumbing issues from escalating into future plumbing disasters.
It is inexpensive
Maintaining your home’s plumbing system can save you a significant amount of money over time. If you perform routine maintenance on your plumbing system, you can address issues early on, preventing them from becoming major issues in the future. You do not want to end up spending additional money on costly repairs that could have been avoided. In addition to plumbing repairs, you may need to pay for wall and floor repairs as a result of plumbing leaks.
Therefore, the simplest and most cost-effective solution is to invest in solid plumbing systems and perform routine maintenance on them so that you do not have to spend a significant amount of money in the future.
It provides peace of mind
Plumbing problems, such as clogged toilets and sinks, can be very stressful. This is primarily because bathrooms are among the most frequently utilized rooms in a home. When there are problems in your bathroom or kitchen, it can be difficult to relax and even cause stress. Having a reliable plumbing system can provide peace of mind.
Plumbing new buildings
Plumbers are an indispensable component of new construction sites. For certain large projects (particularly multi-family dwellings), the plumber may be provided with a design created by a plumbing consultant, a person who documents a design that meets the needs of the project. However, if no plan is provided, the plumber is responsible for determining where pipes should be laid and then installing the piping systems.
Before beginning construction on a new home, the builder must coordinate with the plumber to ensure that everyone is aware of where pipes will be installed. Upon completion of the plumbing design and installation of all pipes, the plumber will connect the plumbing to fixtures such as sinks, showers, and washing machines. Some plumbers pursue certification in heating and cooling systems, although licensed gasfitters and HVAC specialists also perform these tasks. In some instances, your plumber and electrician will collaborate on these aspects of your home.
What does plumbing consists of?
Water supply, gasfitting, sanitary, roofing (stormwater), drainage, mechanical services (heating, cooling & ventilation), fire protection, and irrigation are the eight categories of plumbing work. Below is a concise explanation of each of these areas and the tasks that must be completed for each:
- Leaking faucets, malfunctioning toilets, and dripping pipes are all examples of water-related issues. In the context of water supply, plumbing encompasses the construction, installation, replacement, repair, alteration, maintenance, testing, and commissioning of any water supply service.
- Similar to water supply, gasfitting refers to any work performed on any pipe, appliance, flue, fitting, apparatus, control, or other item involved in the supply or use of gas. Gas plumbing is a specialized field; therefore, ensure that your plumber is licensed to perform gas maintenance and repair. Additional credentials are required to work with LPG.
- This work pertains to any component of an above-ground sanitary plumbing system that connects sanitary fixtures (toilets, basins, taps, sinks, showers) and appliances (dishwashers, washing machines) to a disposal system or below-ground sanitary drainage system.
- Roofing (stormwater) – Stormwater plumbing encompasses any roof covering or roof flashing, as well as any part of a roof drainage system involved in the collection or disposal of stormwater, and the connection of any stormwater piping to a drain or tank.
- Drainage – Work involving any portion of a below-ground sanitary drainage system, from the above-ground sewage or waste pipes to the disposal system, as well as any design work incidental to or associated with it. Similarly, stormwater drainage connects roof water downspouts to the drainage’s disposal point.
- Mechanical services – Plumbing work involving mechanical heating, cooling, or ventilation systems in a building, which is related to the building’s heating, cooling, or ventilation. This includes any and all flues, pipes, boilers, air conditioners, roofing or ventilation work, etc.
- Fire Protection – Plumbing work involving any part of a water service used for fire fighting, from the point of connection to the water supply to any fire fighting equipment or device forming part of that service. This includes items such as fire hydrants, hose reels, residential fire sprinkler systems, etc.
- Irrigation – Work involving irrigation systems, from the system’s water supply to the final valve or control for any pressurized zone.
A reliable plumbing system and good maintenance of it could be extremely advantageous for you and your family. However, note that you cannot properly maintain a plumbing system on your own. You need a reputable and knowledgeable plumbing company to help you maintain your home’s plumbing system. Hiring a professional plumber will give you the peace of mind you need because they will help you avoid unpleasant surprises or plumbing problems.