Instagram is an incredibly powerful and useful medium for sharing photos and videos with a large audience. While Instagram emphasizes public sharing, it also allows users to have private profiles.
So, what can you do if the Instagram profile you’re looking for is private? Fortunately, gaining access to someone’s Instagram page isn’t difficult and can be performed via a variety of quick, effective, and simple methods.
Sure, it’ll take a bit more effort, but by following the easy procedures outlined in this article, you’ll be well on your way to viewing private accounts like a pro in no time!
But first, let’s get one thing straight: there are benefits and drawbacks to using public or private Instagram accounts.
Instagram Accounts: Public vs. Private
Is it better to be public or private? That depends on how you use Instagram and what you want to accomplish with it.
If you want to keep your social life concealed from your boss, family, or ex, you should keep all of your social media profiles, including Instagram, hidden from public view.
If privacy isn’t a priority for you, and you don’t mind sharing the content you publish with the general public, there’s no reason to add any further privacy or take efforts to “shut down” your account from others.
If you want to make your profile public, you should:
- You’re a brand or a small business wanting to increase your target audience’s engagement.
- You’re a prominent figure, a social influencer, or an aspiring artist who wants to gain more public visibility and improve fan interaction.
- You don’t mind revealing details about your personal life (including where you live) with the rest of the world.
If any of the following apply to your profile, make it private:
- You’re a low-key person who doesn’t want outsiders to see your content (on hashtags) or where you’re going.
- You’re not the center of attention.
- You are unconcerned about increasing your following.
For Each Type of Profile, the Best Use
- Public Instagram account – ideal for both commercial and non-commercial purposes, such as increasing social media exposure, brand awareness, and followers.
- Private Instagram accounts are ideal for both personal and non-commercial purposes, such as keeping your post private from all but a few friends.
How to Make Your Instagram Account Private
- With these simple steps, you may know how to view private instagram.
- Open the Instagram app on your phone.
- Go to the bottom right corner of your screen and click the profile icon.
- In the top right corner of your Instagram profile, tap the 3-horizontal-line icon.
- At the bottom right corner of your screen, tap the gear (settings) symbol.
- Scroll down until you see the option for ‘Private account.’ Toggle it on.
- It’s a lot easier to hide your Instagram account from public view than it is to view other people’s private accounts.
Viewing Private Instagram Profiles
Let’s get started.
Imagine you’re attempting to get to know someone you’ve just met, but you discover they have an Instagram account. You’ll probably want to connect with the individual on social media, but you’ll soon discover that the person’s account isn’t open to the public.
So, what are your options?
1. Make a request to be followed.
Simply asking the owners of private accounts on Instagram is one of the most effective (and legal) ways to view them. It doesn’t always matter if people recognize you.
Here are a few pointers to assist you in the process.
Send them a follow request and wait for them to accept it politely. If you’re a friend of a friend or someone they already know, your follow request will be approved quickly. You should be able to see their photographs, videos, and Instagram stories right away once they’ve accepted you.
Be patient – Wait patiently after sending a follow request. Give your target some breathing room. You might get lucky and have them approve your follow request in no time even when they don’t know you. Of course, this is highly dependent on the users with whom you’re attempting to connect.
Send a message — Some people have a rigid policy of not allowing requests from strangers. Instead, send them a direct message in this scenario. Express your feelings and tell them who you are and why you want to follow them on Instagram. Make an effort to be as real as possible.
Inform or remind them — Let them know whether you’ve met or seen them before. “Hello, you may or may not remember me, but we recently met at your brother’s wedding,” for example.
Interact with them – If you can pique their interest through direct messaging, invite them to look at your profile. It’s possible that you’ll wish to keep your profile public. Make sure your material is engaging so that they feel motivated to accept your offer to follow you.
Find new ways to reach out to them — Because some people have a lot of messages in their inbox, they are likely to miss your message. Don’t be disappointed if you don’t receive a response; instead, see if you can contact them in another way. Many people include additional contact information in their bio links. You’ve probably seen that a lot of people utilize platforms like bio.fm for this, and that their contact information is usually up at the top.
2. Look up their user names.
You won’t get very far with this, but it will assist. This is how you go about doing it.
Log in to your account and search for the individuals you seek. Even if their accounts are set to private, you will still be able to view their usernames.
Now, go to Google (or another search engine of your choice) and type the name of your target into the search box.
There’s a good probability that your target left some digital footprints before turning on their platform’s privacy protection. If they have their images and information stored somewhere else, such as an unprotected Facebook account, you may be able to quickly obtain it.
It’s possible that this isn’t the best or most efficient choice for your purpose. However, in comparison to our next alternative, if you’re seeking further images or information about your target, this is a much more respectable means of doing it.
3. Make up fictitious accounts
Don’t give up if sending a follow request and direct message doesn’t work. There is yet a chance! It is possible to make a fake Instagram account.
While the platform does not support this technique, it is technically possible. You have a better chance of bypassing visibility and privacy settings with this strategy.
However, because this method is clearly unethical, you may want to reconsider using it or limit your access and usage. We do not recommend this procedure, so proceed at your own risk.
Tips for building a phony Instagram account:
- Use decent photographs. Make your profile as appealing as you can. We advise you to create a feminine persona.
- Upload photos that reflect women’s interests if you opt to create a female user account. Look at what’s popular among female Instagram influencers and follow their lead.
- Set your Instagram account to private if you want to be more private. This will pique your target’s interest.
- Send a follow request to the person whose account you want to see.
- If you still haven’t received a response, send your target a direct message explaining your intentions.
4. Make use of the Instagram Profile Viewer.
Many websites claim to be able to assist you view non-public Instagram profiles by following a few simple procedures on their websites.
When visiting these websites, use caution. They may direct you to a number of dubious websites, claiming that there are no fees or particular conditions for using their services.
Sounds too good to be true, doesn’t it? You should exercise caution since these websites may contain harmful viruses or malware.
Sites like WatchInsta, Instaspy, Private Instaviewer, and View Private Profiles should be avoided. People are usually forced to participate in surveys or sweepstakes that will eventually require their credit cards or other forms of payment to complete.
The way they work is as follows:
- They will request that you use your Instagram handle.
- Then they’ll ask you whether you want to just look at the photographs or download them.
- They will also request personal information from you.
- Finally, they’ll direct you to the private account you’ve requested.
We do not advise you to use any of these websites. They don’t appear to be secure, and in this day and age, when cyber dangers are at an all-time high, you don’t want to take any chances.
Furthermore, Instagram’s API explicitly prohibits third-party apps from accessing their users’ personal information. This also means that while apps can access generic data like a user’s list of followers, they won’t be able to see photographs or videos from Instagram accounts that have their profiles set to private.
Do it at your own peril if you’re willing to give them a shot. None of these apps are recommended by us.
Overall, all of these approaches can assist you in viewing those profiles on Instagram that have been set to a higher level of privacy. We strongly advise adopting the first option, which is simply following the person and asking them directly. It is moral and will not get you in trouble.
If that or creating a fake account doesn’t work, your last resort is to use an Instagram profile viewer tool to examine an Instagram profile without having to follow it. Please be extra cautious when utilizing them because there’s no guarantee that your information won’t be taken.
Alternatively, strive to establish a stronger Instagram presence. People are more likely to follow Instagrammers with large followings. You can accomplish this by utilizing Upleap’s services.