Burgers remain one of the top dinner choices for people, and New York City restaurants can deliver. You can still get your traditional burger with tomato, lettuce, and pickle, or a twist with eggs, onion jam, or even salsa. Either way, they satiate the palate and fill us up. If you’re hungry, here’s a list of the top ten best burgers in NYC.
1. Harlem Shake’s Veggie Burger. It’s hard to get a good veggie burger in a city full of beef, but this place delivers. Their veggie burger is made from two nut and grain patties, covered with cheese, onions, pickles, and special sauce. The fries can also be cooked vegetarian.
2. The Little Beet Table. They have a unique but tasty burger made of skirt steak, chuck, and brisket, direct from Creekstone Farms. It’s juicy and a bit gamey, and is served with tomato, cheddar, bacon, and special sauce. You can also request a gluten-free bun which is sturdy enough to hold it all together.
3. The Spotted Pig. This is the spot to get a $21 burger. For that, you get a huge hockey-puck sized patty made of brisket and marbled chuck. It’s also sprinkled with pungent Roquefort blue cheese and a charred brioche. You also get an order of shoestring fries with it.
4. Minetta Tavern. Their burgers are smothered in caramelized onions and cheddar cheese. The buns are soft and pillowy and dripping with juices.
5. Mile End. This place serves not only burgers but deli meats too. You can get a burger with both. They also make them with kosher salt, and they’re cooked on a hot griddle that makes the burger crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside. The burger is topped with cheese, a fried egg, onion, pickle, and mayo.
6. Burger and Barrel. The three main ingredients of their burgers contain beef, bacon, and onions. The patty is also coated in dijon mustard before being cooked. The patty is juicy and is topped with a fried onion ring.
7. Peter Luger Steak House. This is where you can get a tasty burger but without all the frills. The exterior is nicely charred outside, with a pink inside. It’s topped with raw onion and American cheese.
8. Brooklyn Diner. This is a popular spot for lunchtime to get a cheeseburger at varying price points. There is also a premium priced bacon cheeseburger. This place also does an onion ring inside the burger.
9. Saxon + Parole. They have other offerings, but most people order the burger. Their burgers are covered in maple-cured bacon, fried eggs, and Havarti cheese.
10. The Commodore. This is where you can get your traditional burger, with lettuce, pickle, onion, and mayonnaise. It’s all held together with a little umbrella. It may be cheap, but it’s still delicious.
There are burgers for everyone in NYC, even vegetarians or people who don’t eat beef. There won’t be enough hours in the month to try all the delicious burgers that are offered in NYC.